1. Visibility of the system status
- Does the system always inform the user about what is happening?
- Is feedback quick and clear?
Which areas are affected?
All elements and features on the page that have to do with interaction or change through interaction.
What to look for?
- Display of information that the user needs and expects before, during and after his interaction.
- Information should be clear, easily recognisable, focused on the current action, relevant and predictable.
- Load new page
- Open and close navigation or layer
- Start search / will be executed / shows results
- File upload progress
- Changing button colours (e.g. if a form is not yet completely filled out)