2. Match between the system and the real world
- Does the system use familiar concepts and vocabulary?
- Do technical terms and error codes remain hidden?
Which areas are affected?
- Language in texts, navigation points and messages
- Icons and visual metaphors
- Modes of operation (browsing, bookshelf, profile page,…)
What to look for?
- Use of familiar mental models in language and concepts
- Clear, direct language that is verified with the target group.
- Naming of navigation points, buttons and icons
- Structure and functioning of features and processes
- Error messages
- Page design