7. Flexibility and efficiency of use
- Can experienced users reach their goal faster with shortcuts?
- Can frequently used functions be adapted or shortened?
Which areas are affected?
All areas of information architecture, programming and design of an application.
What to look for?
- Different possibilities are offered to reach the goal, so that the application is equally efficient for beginners and experts.
- There are shortcuts for experts.
- Beginners are not overwhelmed.
- Shopping sites: Categories vs. search
- Save settings
- Use with keyboard or mouse
The Nielsen Norman Group offers a wealth of excellent videos on YouTube that explain all areas of UX briefly and concisely: YouTube-Channel Nielsen Norman Group.