5. Error prevention
- Are typical errors (e.g. when entering values) prevented?
- Do users have to confirm the performance of critical actions?
Which areas are affected?
All elements in a process that prevent the user from making mistakes.
What to look for?
- The biggest mistake on the page is considered and covered.
- Wrong entries and unnecessary steps are avoided.
- Potentially large errors are at least doubly hedged.
- Conflicts are indicated.
- Auto-Complete when entering a city in a form
- Any delete/modify/overwrite operation.
- Large actions that may no longer be reversible. (large transfers, large uploads, large downloads, theme changes in the CMS).